Have you been using your DSLR camera on Auto or trying various settings with mixed results? Do you take more bad photographs than good, do you understand why they didn't turn out well? This course will give you a solid foundation in photography techniques.
This is a one day course in the Heart of the Beautiful Lake District. Based in Bassenthwaite near Keswick surrounded by the wonderful Skiddaw mountain range.
Learn to get the most out of your DSLR camera and take some stunning pictures while you do. Get tips and techniques for many different lighting situations.
- Get to know the features of your DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera and how to get the best from them
- How to create blurred backgrounds in your portrait and close-up shots
- Working with long exposure and capturing water
- Take detailed landscape photographs
- Find the fastest way to access your camera's features
- How shutter speed affects your photos and how to avoid camera shake
- How to add interest to your photography with tips on composition
- Put it all into practice by taking some close-up, portrait & landscape photographs.
- Hands on photography shoot on location
- At the end of the day, we will look at the images and have a brief session using Photoshop to show how images can be processed in different ways.
Carmen is a Fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute with a Diploma in adult education
Participants should bring:
- A DSLR, mirrorless or bridge camera
- A tripod
- Extra memory cards and spare batteries.
- Suitable warm clothing and footwear
Where: Classroom and out and about, taking a variety of photographs
Previous Experience: Suitable for complete beginners
Times: approx 9am to 4pm
Group Size: Small, friendly groups with a maximum of four students
£80 per person
Click book now for your chosen date and the course will be added to a PayPal shopping cart.
|Tuesday, October 15, 2019
|Sunday, November 10, 2019
|Saturday, November 23, 2019
|Friday, December 6, 2019