Get to know your DSLR Photography Course
Have you been using your DSLR camera on Auto or trying various settings with mixed results? Do you take more bad photographs than good, do you understand why they didn't turn out well? This course will give you a solid foundation in photography techniques.
This is a 1 day course in the Heart of the Beautiful Lake District. Based in Bassenthwaite near Keswick surrounded by the wonderful Skiddaw mountain range.
Everyone attending a course will get a free copy of my Landscape Photography Field Note book.
Learn to get the most out of your DSLR camera and take some stunning pictures while you do. Get tips and techniques for many different lighting situations.
• Get to know the features of your DSLR camera and how to get the best from them
• How to create blurred backgrounds in your portrait and close-up shots
• Working with long exposure and capturing water
• Take detailed landscape photographs
• Find the fastest way to access your camera's features
• How shutter speed affects your photos and how to avoid camera shake
• How to add interest to your photography with tips on composition
• Put it all into practice by taking some close-up, portrait & landscape photographs.
• Hands on photography shoot on location
• At the end of the day, we will look at the images and have a brief session using Photoshop to show how images can be processed in different ways.
Where: Classroom and out and about, taking a variety of photographs
Previous Experience: Suitable for complete beginners
Times: approx 9 am to 5 pm
Group Size: Small, friendly groups with a maximum of 4 students
Equipment you need: DSLR camera, tripod, walking shoes, wellies, waterproof and warm clothing
To book, click the book now button, choose the course and press the shopping cart icon and make your final selection. Once you have booked a course I will contact you directly with more information and confirm the date.
If you can't see a suitable date, more dates can be added, please contact me if you would like a different date.
Price is £80.00 per person.
To make a booking please visit the bookings page and select the Get to Know Course section. Click the shopping cart icon to select your preferred date option. You can pay securely with PayPal.